It’s a New Year and there are a lot of exciting things we’re looking to do here at Rock Manor Games this year. We’ve made the decision to push back all of our new Kickstarters/Crowdfunding campaigns this year (this will not affect already funded campaigns of course) so that we can focus on making them the best games yet. StarDriven: Gateway is coming to Crowdfunding this year!
One of our big New Years resolutions and goals is to connect with our community more, so we will be live streaming and conducting online playtests once a month this year.
Online playtesting will occur the 2nd Thursday of every month at 9pm EST on our Discord server. You can join regularly or just pop in once in awhile. All are welcome to listen, play, watch, and participate in these playtests. No pressure, we’re prepared to run playtests with just us designers if necessary as well. Here’s the schedule for the year:
- January 11th, 9PM EST
- February 8th, 9PM EST
- March 7th, 9PM EST (1st week instead)
- April 11th, 9PM EST
- May 9th, 9PM EST
- June 13th, 9PM EST
- July 11th, 9PM EST
- August 8th, 9PM EST
- September 12th, 9PM EST
- October 10th, 9PM EST
- November 14th, 9PM EST
- December 12th, 9PM EST
Development Live Streams
On the third Thursday of each month at 1PM EST, I’m going to live stream and have open office hours to discuss what we have in development, answer any community questions, and live stream board games. If you’re interested in following along with these streams, be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel. If you can’t watch live, all the videos will be available VOD afterwards. Here’s our schedule for the year:
- January 18th, 1PM EST
- February 15th, 1PM EST
- March 21st, 1PM EST
- April 18th, 1PM EST
- May 16th, 1PM EST
- June 20th, 1PM EST
- July 18th, 1PM EST
- August 15th, 1PM EST
- September 19th, 1PM EST
- October 17th, 1PM EST
- November 21st, 1PM EST
- December 19th: NO STREAM (it’s my birthday)
Games In Development
Here’s a look at some of the games we have in the works:
- Lawyer Up: Season 2 is fulfilled and should be available from retailers (available in our shop).
- Few and Cursed RPG has fulfilled in the USA and should go out to EU/UK backers this month (available in our shop).
- Set a Watch 3: Forsaken Isles & Doomed Run is finishing up manufacturing this month. Late Pledges are closed but stay tuned for preorders with our newsletter.
- Merchants of Magick and its expansions are available for Late Pledge.
- StarDriven: Gateway will be coming to crowdfunding in 2024, you can learn more about the game here.
- Our untitled Heist game is still finalizing graphic design elements on cards/tiles, but mechanically is in a great place. It will be coming to Discord online playtests soon.
- StarDriven: Saga is always being worked on in the background. We hope to get a revised online version of the beginning of it up this year.
- StarDriven: Colony is still being prototyped and playtested internally.
- Everything else we’re working on is really too early to talk about and could drastically change, so that’s it for now.
Some time in 2020 (or maybe even 2019), we partnered with a video game studio to make Maximum Apocalypse the video game…. several years, numerous delays, and 1 pandemic later, it’s looking like this game might actually happen in 2024. What’s really exciting about this one is that it will multiplayer online capable so you can hop into any scenario with your friends online.
I’m also happy to announce that we’ve also partnered with another video game developer to bring a version of Set a Watch to digital platforms. They’re just getting started and based on my experience above, I would not think that the SAW video game happens this year, but you never know.
This is the End…really
As you can see, we have a lot we’re setting out to accomplish this year and we’re excited for you to join us along the ride. Thanks so much for taking the time to read through this and we look forward to you sharing your thoughts with us.